The basic requirements (each person):
- DFA Authenticated NSO CENOMAR
- DFA Authenticated NSO BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- 2 Passport Copies
- 2 Passport Size Photos (35mm x 45mm)
Special Power of Attorney is a document which authorizes a person to process specified transactions on your behalf. If you can get the SPA “under the table” in the Philippines, it’s still a privilege to spend less. However, traveling back and forth to process costs more.
For the SPA Application:
- Go to Philippine Embassy located near Mushrif Mall.
- Come first thing in the morning (before 8’o clock).
- Ask for a priority number and SPA form in the information window (You can ask a maximum of three forms).
- Fill in the form. You will be asked to have two random witnesses to sign the form.
- Pay the regular fee which is 100 AED released within five working days or 140 AED for rush in three working days.
- In claiming, personal appearance is a must, or a written AND signed authorization letter is required. Specified timings around 3-5PM only.
When all of the requirements are ready (including the certificate for marriage counseling),
- Filing of marriage will be on 8AM-12NN only.
- Go to the information window for the checklist document and priority number.
- Pay 100 AED for the joint affidavit of the two witnesses and 100 AED for the marriage license.
- The application will be posted in the embassy as marriage banns for 15 working days.
- After the posting of marriage banns, return to the embassy to schedule for solemnization of marriage which costs 240 AED.
- The day before the marriage, you will be asked to return to the embassy to check if there is any lack of information or misspelling.
- Prepare for the next day’s big day.